Personalized and Affordable Care ManagementOur family helping your family.
When daily living needs and routines change for you or a loved one, Preferred Living Solutions staff provides trusted expertise and the necessary resources to help manage life transitions and challenges.
We are an Aging Life Care™/geriatric care management company serving adult children and families who are caring for aging parents or others facing ongoing health challenges. Our professional care managers offer expert assistance in caring for a family member or friend. We are partners to help you make the best decisions and deliver the right solutions for you and your loved one. It’s a holistic approach – with the client (or you, or your mom, etc.) at the center – that respects your values, preferences and resources. We have been helping families achieve customized solutions at reasonable prices since 2008.
Headquartered in Wake Forest, North Carolina, Preferred Living Solutions serves individuals and families throughout Wake, Durham, Franklin, Johnston counties and the surrounding areas.
Sometimes our clients need reassurance that they are doing the right thing. Other times they need help. Our team provides a continuum of care options unparalleled in the local community. We help with the overwhelm. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How We Help
Professional care managers at Preferred Living Solutions provides the following services to assist you and your loved ones:
- Facilitate family conversations between adult children and aging loved ones (living options, transportation, in-home assistance, etc.)
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and develop care plans
- Support family caregivers and their loved ones living with dementia
- Secure reliable in-home care (personal care, meal preparation, lawn care, housekeeping, etc.)
- Identify alternative living solutions customized to meet your unique needs
- Activate long-term care insurance benefits
- Apply for benefits such as Medicaid and insurance benefits for Veterans
- Coordinate services to ensure continuity of care
- Coordinate hospital discharge to home
- Assist with transitions to palliative care and hospice care
- Serve as patient advocate
- Attend medical appointments
- Transport and support patient for same-day surgeries and procedures (cataract surgeries, colonoscopy, endoscopy, dental surgeries, etc.) to save missed work or school days for adult children and other caregivers
- Assist with securing employment
- Plan leisure, recreational and volunteer activities
- Assist with funeral arrangements
- Arrange for repairs and home modifications for aging in place
Save Money, Time and Stress
Are you a family caregiver struggling to keep up with the competing priorities of children, partner, aging loved one, work and your own health and well-being?
Are you worried that introducing a care manager into your life will cost too much money or be another person to take time out of your day? Our goals are to reduce family caregiver stress, worry, missed work time, and help contain costs. We help families realize cost savings but the biggest advantage is the emotional peace of mind knowing you are not alone in caring for your relative or loved one.
• Savings in time and efficiency – We are experienced in the wide range of resources available and provide our clients recommendations specifically matching their needs, desires and financial situation.
Actual Client Example: Recommended Personal Care facility with double the space at same rate client was paying and was able to negotiate the entry fee saving the client $4,000.
• Avoiding lost wages – Some family members must call in sick or take leave to care for their loved one’s needs. We keep family members apprised of changes or concerns as they occur.
Actual Client Example: Administer group communications through email, text and web programs so everyone is aware of updates in real time.
• Saving in travel expenses – We can supervise all levels of care including medical appointments, operations of in home staff decreasing relatives need to travel to check on their loved one.
Actual Client Example: Coordinated aide service providing transportation to/from appointments saving family members from missing work.
• Saving in household expenses – We help identify and recommend cost saving programs for our clients. Actual Client Example: Negotiated moving services saving client $2,000. Identified duplicate billing on credit card charges and disconnected wifi services which were not being used saving client $110/month.
• Making the most of insurance – From ensuring secondary insurance is given and billed to avoiding paying unnecessary bills, we work to realize benefits from public programs including those from Veterans Administration (VA) benefits, Medicare and Medicaid.
Actual Client Example: Reviewing medication bill found script savings option saving client over 25% in medication cost.
Saving in care costs – By recommending appropriate levels of care and care providers we can save our clients a great deal in time and money. We also strive to find appropriate free or low cost products and services that may be available in our client’s local community.
Actual Client Example: Recommended appropriate attorney to update POA saving client $400.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Serving all of Wake County and surrounding counties
Thank you to the Aging Life Care Association™ for permission for us to share this information. You may learn more about Aging Life Care™ at aginglifecare.org.