Preferred Living Solutions has been a trusted partner to families since 2008.
Our family helping your family.Here to educate and prepare you to make well-informed decisions regarding your aging loved one’s care or your own care. In addition to giving you a comprehensive assessment and direct feedback regarding your individual circumstances, we provide you with these links to online resources that can familiarize you further with general care management topics and the specific issues you may face.
Resources for Adult Children and Other Family Caregivers:
- Let’s Talk Now – the conversation about long term care that adult children and their aging families need to have: http://youtu.be/eBPfvj3QTl0
- Moving a Parent to North Carolina: www.resourcesforseniors.com/pdf/movingtonc.pdf”
- Support Groups in the Wake County area: www.resourcesforseniors.com/pdf/suppgrp.pdf”
- Assessing the Needs of an Older Adult: www.resourcesforseniors.com/pdf/assessment.pdf”
Resources for People with Disabilities:
- Americans with Disabilities Act: www.ada.gov
- Brain Injury Association of America: www.biausa.org
- Disability.gov: Connecting the Disability Community to Information & Opportunities: www.disability.gov
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society: www.nationalmssociety.org
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: www.nami.org
- Mental Health America: www.nmha.org
Resources for Aging Adults:
- Aging with Dignity: www.agingwithdignity.org
- National Aging in Place Council: www.naipc.org
- National Council on Aging: www.ncoa.org
- Aging Life Care Association:www.aginglifecare.org
- National Alliance for Caregiving: www.caregiving.org
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP): www.aarp.org
- Medicare: www.medicare.gov
Resources for Heart and Stroke Prevention
- The American Heart Association: American Heart Month Sponsor
- Heart Disease: Frequently Asked Questions
- Heart Health and Stroke
- Keep the Beat: Healthy Eating
Contact Preferred Living Solutions to discuss resources you need.
Preferred Living Solutions always strives to provide clients with practical advice, up-to-date current events and in-depth information pertinent to issues and needs affecting seniors and people with disabilities.